Wednesday, December 8, 2010

From 2 to 12 in the blink of an eye!

For weeks now, Aisling has been singing the Barney song - I love you, You love me. She only knows those words and she sings them over and over again. With an earnest smile, she will approach you and ask if you want to hear her song. Before you can even answer, she'll break out into her song. Sometimes, she'll even dance along, swaying from side-to-side as she waves her arms in the air. In fact, she gave an impromptu performance in the locker room last week at swimming lessons.
Yesterday, she asked me if I wanted to hear her sing. I accepted, while silently cursing the purple dinosaur. But instead of "I love you, you love me" that I was expecting, I was treated to "All the single ladies"! Well, it sounded more like "all the sinnel ladies". There was an accompanying dance too.
In the blink of an eye, we've gone from Barney the Purple Dinosaur to Beyonce!

No comments:

Post a Comment