Thursday, June 9, 2011

Devlin's progression

So, in the middle of the school year, I remember asking Devlin's teacher about what level he should be reading by the end of the school year. There were books categorized into levels from A to G. At the time, he was at level B. The teacher indicated level G. I had my work cut out for me as a parent. I sent notes to the teacher asking for more challenging levels, and she was slow to respond.
Then came the substitute teacher who as taking over as his regular teacher went on maternity leave. The new teacher understood the need to challenge Devlin to keep him from getting bored. Whenever I asked for my challenging books, they were sent home. As of yesterday, he's comfortably reading the level G books. There's the odd word that he balks at, or gets lazy when he's told to sound it out, but he's doing it! I am so proud of of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment