Friday, October 5, 2012

Speaking of fat...

Over the past two weeks, we've spent lots of time at the doctor's office thanks to the various infections and illnesses visiting our household. On one of those occasions, Aisling sat next to me, peering over my shoulder as I flipped through a parenting magazine to pass the time.
"Umm Mommy? I want to tell you something," she says as she tugs on my arm.
"Wait, stop there. See that picture?" she points to an advertisement featuring a very pregnant woman.
"Yes?" I answer, assuming there's a question to follow.
"You know, when you had Quinn in your belly? You were really really fat!" she announces to the waiting room in her oh-so-quiet (not!) voice.
"Gee thanks Aisling," I reply drily, deciding now was not the time for a lecture on not calling someone 'fat'.
"Well, you were," she retorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment