Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Princess Ceilidh

Since we had a rough few days with Aisling's illness, it was decided at the last minute to send Ceilidh to the "spa" workshop held at her dance studio. Every 6 weeks or so, the dance studio holds workshops for the students. A 3 hour session, usually with some cheerleading, jazz dance, and lots of crafts. The spa workshop involved a hair and make-up session, with a dress-up portion and a "catwalk". Every little girl's definition of a fun time. I was reluctant to send Ceilidh, as I was afraid of the diva that would return. But it would be an afternoon of fun for Ceilidh, so off she went, with her princess costume and hairbrush in her knapsack.


When I arrived to pick her up, she was brimming with barely contained glee as she proudly displayed her painted fingernails and toe nails - in 4 different colours too! Her hair was in two pig tails and there was purple eye-shadow adorning her eyes. She posed and giggled as she told me about her afternoon.
( There were some moments of frustration later that evening when I had to patiently explain the bath wouldn't was away the nail polish. )

A few days later, she noticed the nail polish was chipping. I could not convince her that it was time to take off the green polish. Instead, I found myself agreeing to buy red nail polish if it would mean she would be a good listener. I came home with pale pink nail polish instead and quickly halted the protests with the presentation of pale pink lip gloss to match. The fact that it all smelled like candy was bonus.

The only snag we ran into was Devlin wanting nail polish too.

No comments:

Post a Comment