Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cheeky monkey!

I had a rough week at work last week. It was busy and stressful. I ended up working a bit late too.
Aisling was missing her mommy. She's been feeling abandoned, since her siblings started school. It's hard for her to comprehend that I'll soon be staying home for a whole year.
As I was getting ready to head out the door, she pleaded again, "Stay home with me Mommy!"
My heart was breaking as I answered, "I'm sorry but I can't today. I have to go to work!" So I can pay for your pretty clothes, the food you eat, your university tuition, the mortgage...I recited to myself in my head as if to convince myself that it was in fact really important to head off to work instead of giving into the temptation of playing hooky with my three year old.
"Can you come home early today?" Aisling asked.
"I'll try. But I don't know because I have some really bad boys to keep in jail today," I answered as I grabbed my purse and coffee mug.
A pause, then, "Is it Devlin?" she asked innocently.

"Well, yes, Devlin has been a bit naughty, but no, not him," I tried to answer with a straight face.

No comments:

Post a Comment