Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Welcome Spring!

Yesterday was the first day of spring, and it was warm! Actually, it was hot! The type of hot where the kids are panting on the walk home from school, and popsicles are a welcome after-school snack.
What happened to spring weather? Where did the winter go? It seemed like only yesterday the temperatures were hovering around zero and now the grass is green, my tulips and crocuses are blooming, the chives have started to come up and I still have snow shovels propped up on my porch! While I love this weather, I haven't yet put away the snow pants, lest we do get hit by that spring storm. I'm putting off removing the snow tires for that same reason. Yet I can't help but look forward to shopping for new Easter dresses for the girls, and plan another attempt at gardening again.

The mild winter was great for me, as I had worried about the daily walks to school with a newborn in the snow. As it turned out, there were only a handful of days where we had to bundle up against sub-zero temperatures. The only sadness I harbor about the winter of 2012 was the lack of snow fun. Only one day of snowball fights and tumbling around in the white fluffy fun. And sadly, only one day of "baboggoning" as Aisling likes to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment