Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What does she DO all day long?

Since Devlin had not recovered from the gastrointestinal bug, he was kept home from school for a few days to rest, sleep, and rehydrate. On the first day of hanging out in his pyjamas, he stumbled into the living room early afternoon in an attempt to cuddle with me. I wasn't enthusiastic about this, since I had Quinn in my arms and did NOT want a repeat of the night before with any of the other children. So we compromised on sitting on the same couch while I indulged in my one television show I watch religiously - The Chew.
During the commercial breaks, I was not still. I was running down to the laundry room to start another load of soiled bedding. Or I was getting up to refill cups of juice and milk for thirsty animals. Or, running upstairs with a drooling baby to change a soiled diaper. If I didn't make it back in time, Devlin called out what culinary creation was being demonstrated.
At the end of the hour, he turned to me and asked, quite innocently, "Is this what you do all day when I'm at school - watch tv?"
I think the next town over could hear my indignant roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment