Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kindergarten Rules

It seems like every other day, Aisling is informing us of a new kindergarten rule.

For instance, the second week of school, Aisling told us there is a rule that "we can't touch other people".
When I agreed that one should keep their hands to themselves, she replied with indignation, "But I just wanted to hold my friend's hands. He's a boy."

The rules are explained after certain incidents at school. Probably to drive the point home.
There's the no punching rule (after a tussle between some students), the sharing rule which goes hand in hand with no taking toys away (Aisling informed me a little boy took away what she was playing with), and I think I heard Aisling mention the no tattling rule.

Then after school one afternoon, Aisling said, in an excited manner, "My teacher has a baby in her tummy! And when we're loud, the baby gets a headache!"
Did the teacher tell her that, or was it to the entire class, I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment