Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Reorganization Day

Believe it or not, it's still September and the kids are already on their second P.A. Day! It's called "reorganization day" to allow the schools and teachers to adjust their classrooms to the newly determined class lists. At my children's school, there was an unexpected drop in the enrollment of primary students. It seems many families decided to enroll their children in the French Immersion program. As a consequence, classes are being reduced, students are being shifted around, and teachers re-assigned. Devlin is being moved to a grade 2/3 split while Ceilidh is being moved to a grade 1/2 split. Personally, I'm not concerned with Ceilidh as I'm sure she'll do well in any environment. Devlin is getting the same teacher as last year. Since they have a great relationship, and she knows how to motivate and challenge my son, I think Devlin will be fine as well.
So in keeping with the school calendar, I decided to "reorganize" as well. I spent several hours putting away too-small clothing, and summer or warm weather outfits. I unpacked larger sized cold weather items, and took stock of what I needed to still purchase.  I had noticed that Devlin's wrists were hanging past the ends of his sleeves. Apparently, I only stock up on shirts in larger sizes when they go on sale, so Devlin was fine. And he only grew in his arms. Last year's pants (size 6) still fit him -  length and waist. While Ceilidh had an abundance of tops, she was lacking in pants. She had definitely grown over the summer. Last year's pants looked like pedal pushers on her.
Well, that's one item crossed off my to-do fall list. Next - bedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment