Friday, September 6, 2013

Potty Mouth Mommy

Quinn has been talking for awhile now, and he's adding words to his ever expanding vocabulary on a daily basis.
Although his most common words are "Mom", said in an increasing tempo and volume until he gets the desired effect (i.e. Mom, Mom, Mom, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM!!!") and "Dad!", there's also "car", "plane" (while pointing to the sky), "ri" which means rice, "chee" cheese and, of course, "goal!" with arms up after a shot on the net.
He's also stringing together 3 word sentences:
"I want joo" meaning "I want juice".
"Where it go?" referring to the search for his lamb or soother.
"I don't know!"
"Who did dat?"
He has learned the word "no", but surprisingly uses it sparingly, preferring to shake his noggin vigorously and throw himself on the floor.
And last night, he picked up another word.
It was the usual crazy bedtime routine. Looking for security blankets, finding bedtime storybooks, telling the kids to brush their teeth, locating Quinn's lamb, telling the kids again to brush their teeth, prying the toothpaste out of Quinn's hands (this little boy LOVES to brush his teeth, or rather loves to suck on toothpaste - probably why his teeth are so pearly white!), and so on. You get the picture.
Quinn was upset that he had to give up the toothpaste. I handed him his sippy cup. He motioned to be picked up. I did, and had a brief discussion with the dad. As I turned to go into the hallway, Quinn dropped the full sippy cup, right onto my bare toes.
Unable to drop the offender to grab my aching, smarting toes, I reacted with a "F---!"
And then, I heard "Puck!" from the innocent looking toddler in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment