Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Family Day

It's minus 30 or something incredibly, ridiculously cold that is mind blowing, or rather mind freezing...
My house is a hive of activity. Between one whining child, another half-heartedly practising piano, one running around shooting suction cup arrows and another moping about the lack of stuff to do (homework? read a book? clean up your bedroom?)...I. Am. Trying. Really. Hard. To. Enjoy. This. Family. Day.
In the past, we've done the zoo, the science centre, the city sponsored events - all complete with crowds, screaming children, crying babies and grumbling parents.
Family Day is really a birth control method put on by the government. This holiday they've given us to enjoy time off with our families. Really, after a day of fighting the crowds at the "family fun" events is enough to make one swear off at having any more children. Too bad, it's a too little, too late for me. Hah...just kidding....I really am loving having one day of the year that I can sleep in and wake up to a little boy cuddling me and happily chattering away because "Mommy not going to work".
I am sipping a gigantic cup of freshly brewed coffee with a healthy dose of Irish Cream, debating on whether -30 is too cold to venture out for ice skating, or if I can simply throw the kids outside, bundled up in their freshly laundered snowsuits. Just read a frostbite warning on the weather network. Okay, I guess that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment. Need to think of another family friendly activity.
I need more Bailey's.
It's still too cold to venture out. Daddy gets brilliant idea to work on this school assignments and homework. Lots of whining. Lots of hair pulling (us) as we try to explain right angle and polygons, and sounding out words.
I need more Bailey's. And I've run out of coffee.
Happy Family Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment