Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Quinn's First Day!!!

Well, we started off the morning with a temper tantrum and a crying session that lasted for 10 minutes. I don't think he ate much more than the marshmallows from the Lucky Charms cereal. Then there was another tantrum over the fact that Mommy wanted a photo to commemorate the occasion.
But finally, we made it to school, and for once, with plenty of time to spare.
As we made our to the building, Devlin kept up a steady talk about the fun Quinn would have - making new friends, playing with toys. He then truly stepped into the older brother role and lectured Quinn to not hit others - "Don't punch anyone, don't scratch or kick them. And no screaming!"
Quinn refused to acknowledge his older sisters but high fived his older brother as he marched into the gated kindergarten area. Mommy walked him in. He gamely shook the teacher's hand but shrugged his shoulders shyly when asked what his name was. We all went and found his cubby hole. He said "Hi" to another little child. He obediently put away his lunch box and slipped off his rubber boots. 
My baby asked me to stay and I suggested he find a book in the basket. While he was distracted, I slipped away. I peeked in a few times as I made my way in the rain to the yard. No tears yet from the Quinnster.
Looks good...for now...
Daddy and I returned home. Daddy was wiping away tears (his baby was going to school) while I looked forward to toasting the momentous occasion with the champagne (my baby is going to school!!) I had chilled the night before. 
True enough that this school thing might be short lived - he is only 3.5 years old, but let's run with it for now.
Thought we'd give the teachers fair warning about our crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment