Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saran wrap

The welcome I received when I returned home was nothing short of what returning war veterans would have received. As I pulled into the driveway, I could see Ceilidh peeking through the blinds. Devlin opened the door and immediately launched himself into my arms. Of course, they were eager to see what gifts I had brought. Both competed with each other to tell me of the adventures they had with Uncle Billy, and Grandma, and who spent more time on the naughty stool. Nothing like being proud of all your accomplishments, including the bad ones!
And Aisling? She had been my saran wrap baby - clinging to me and not letting go for more than a second. Her molars are coming in and that may explain her need to plant herself in my arms every waking (and sleeping) moment. But I also like to hope that she missed me just as much as I missed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment