Monday, January 23, 2012

Dilemma

The daily dilemma:
The house is quiet. Aisling is napping upstairs in the top bunk. The first nap in weeks!  Ceilidh is napping on the couch. She came home early because she was complaining about a tummy ache. Quinn is also finally asleep. On my chest in the baby carrier. It's two o'clock in the afternoon. I have one hour before I have to get ready to pick up Devlin from school.
Do I try to remove the baby from the carrier and lay him down, and risk him waking up again? And if I do lay him down somewhere successfully, do I risk waking him up from a much needed nap early to get him bundled into a car seat for the trek to the school? Or do I simply keep the baby in the carrier, on my chest for the hour, and try to grab a quick nap myself? And when it's three o'clock, do I cross my fingers and hope the rain holds off so we can walk to the school with the baby still strapped to the chest under a large coat? Or do I try the transfer into the car seat?
Yep - a glimpse into the inner workings of the brain of a sleep deprived individual....

No comments:

Post a Comment