Wednesday, November 4, 2009

If I don't see it, then it doesn't happen...

As a working mom with 3 kids, a crazy schedule, a long commute, I have discovered that early mornings are the best time to squeeze in a workout. I generally try to fit in about 30 minutes of cardio or weights or a combination of both, in the basement. If the weather is agreeable, I'll go for a run. The kids are usually asleep, and Wayne is still at home to deal with an early riser if necessary. Once in awhile, either Aisling or Ceilidh have woken up early, and will come down to watch me finish my workout.
Devlin has not, as is evident by this conversation he had with his Dad last night.
On the way to gymnastics, they passed by a gym.
Devlin: That's a work out place. Mommy should go there to work out.
Daddy: Why? Why not Daddy?
Devlin: Daddy, you don't need to go there to work out.
(And in case Daddy thought he didn't need to because he was already buffed, the next statement put that crazy idea to rest.)
Devlin: You have that running machine (referring to our elliptical trainer) in the basement. You can use that to work out.
Daddy: Well, maybe Mommy works out in the basement too. In the morning.
Devlin: I don't see her exercise.
Daddy: Really early, when you're still sleeping.
Devlin: Well, I'm a slow waker so I never see her exercise. Maybe Ceilidh has - she's a fast waker.

No comments:

Post a Comment