Thursday, November 5, 2009

My twins

(No, not what you're thinking, Wayne!)

If I could have a nickel for every time someone asked if Devlin and Ceilidh were twins - well, I'd be rich. At about 22 months, Ceilidh suddenly shot up in height and everywhere we went, we were asked "Are they twins?" When the answer was no, people asked if they were very close in age, like 9 months apart?
They may be 25 months apart, but they're now 1/2 inch apart in height. As of last night, Ceilidh outweighs Devlin by 1 pound. How is that possible, when she hardly eats and he is always eating? Mind you, they're nowhere near the normal weight range for their ages. At 5 years of age, Devlin is still 31 pounds - 9 pounds shy of getting out of that car seat! My girlfriend gives me hand-me-downs for Devlin, from her 3 year old son.
The doctor is hopeful that Wayne's genes will kick in and Devlin will have a huge growth spurt. Maybe when he's a teenager.
In the meantime, we'll continue to field questions about our twins, and enjoy the fact that Devlin and Ceilidh are the best of playmates who can go on amusement park rides together since they're the same size!

No comments:

Post a Comment