Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm just a spring chicken

There's nothing like a five year old to make your day.

Devlin watched as I worked out one morning. As I grunted and sweated through lunges, push-ups, tricep extensions - he patiently sat in a chair, wrapped in a blanket and kept up a commentary on my progress. When I finished, he remarked, "You must be strong now, after all that essersizin'. "
Me: I don't know. Mommy just wants to stay in shape.
Devlin: Why?
Me: I don't want to get old.
Devlin: Well, how old are you?
Me: How old do you think I am?
Devlin (ignoring my side-step): How old are you?
Me: Thirty-seven.
Devlin: Oh, you're still little. My Daddy is forty six!

If that's a compliment, I'll take it!

And incidentally, this "my Daddy this" and "my Daddy that" is amusing at times, and embarrassing at other times. Like when we're at the check-out line, and Ceilidh and Devlin are both talking about "my Daddy". I feel like one of those ladies with 3 different baby daddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment