Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mommy's eyes

I am near sighted. Without my glasses, I can't see much. So far, the kids don't know this, otherwise I'm sure they'd start to kide my glasses so they could get away with more. Since I hate wearing glasses, I must perform a ritual every morning. It's called putting my contact lenses in. For the kids, I call it "putting my eyes in". In the evenings, after I take my contacts out, Aisling hands over my glasses so I can read her a bedtime story.
This morning, Ceilidh woke up and sat in the bathroom while I got ready. As I was preparing to put in the contacts, we had this conservation.
C: Are you putting in your eyes?
M: Yes.
C: That's funny. Like Monsters movie, where the green monster put in his eye but he hurt he-self. (referring to Billy Crystal's character in Monsters Inc.)
M: Uh-huh.
C: Are you done? Can you see now?
M: Yes, I can see.
C: Can you see me?
M: Yep.
C: Am I pretty?
M: Very very pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment