Sunday, May 11, 2014

Surprise!

Kudos to my kids and spouse for doing the impossible - surprising me on Mother's Day!
It started out as any other Sunday morning, trying to get an extra hour of sleep only to be poked awake by little fingers checking out Mommy's face. And the usual war over who got more of Mommy to cuddle. And playing peek-a-boo under the pillows.
It was the usual argument over who got to watch what show on television while I changed a toddler's diaper. There was the usual whining over who got more of the blanket on the couch. I quickly made my get-away and ran out the door, plugged in my ear buds and started to run away - well, no, just went for my run.
Upon my return, I started the coffee and rummaged through the fridge for breakfast ingredients. Quinn came along, demanding the fridge to be opened ("open fridge!") so he could decide what to snack on - strawberries this morning.
And then came my kids stomping down the stairs, followed by their dad. To my surprise, they came bearing gifts. A plaque for my desk, lovingly painted in pink by Ceilidh; a list of reasons why Mommy is so great from Devlin; a tea bag for an hour of relaxation from Aisling; and a lovely sparkly necklace and earrings from Quinn (ok, from all and Daddy). So, I got my bling, and yes, I was pleasantly surprised. I truly not expecting any of it.
Thanks kids and spouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment