Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Images of Quinn I Carry

Most mornings, I can sneak away from the bed for my workout without rousing any of the kids. Not this morning. Quinn was restless, and the moment I left his side, his eyes opened and searched for me.
While I was donning my shorts, he was sitting up and gathering his various accoutrements (soother, blanket, lamb, pillow) and was ready for me to carry him down to the sofa when I left the room. I settled him, put on an episode of Bubble Guppies, provided him with a bowl of cereal and a bowl of blueberries, and snuck away.
Ten minutes later, I was interrupted by a request for apple juice.
Ten minutes after that, I was asked to for a different show.
Ten minutes after, he came down again, just needing to be near Mommy.

Eventually, with everyone else up and about, I was able to escape for a shower, already running late for my day.

Two minutes into the shower, the door banged open and I heard "Mommy?"

"Quinny?" I answered back.

A giggle, and then, "Mommy?"

I repeated "Quinny?" and on and on it went for the rest of my shower.

While I towelled off, he toddled over to my dresser and pulled out an outfit - jeans and tank top - for me.

"Mommy - close!" he stated holding up his selections for me.

He then laid down on his blanket, and stared up at me with wide eyes while I blow-dried my hair and got ready for my day.

And it's that image, those expressive eyes gazing at me, that I hold close to my heart, during my stress filled day, and during the thirty minute tantrum after dinner when I deny him some ridiculous request.

No comments:

Post a Comment