Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Men are Just Big Boys

It's been a crazy week at work, and yes it's only the beginning of the week. Last night, I advised the spouse that I would need to stay up late to do work. In other words, I was giving him ample warning that he was on parental duty and I would be of minimal assistance.
I also gave the head's up to the kids that Daddy was in charge, and they better be good.
Here is the conversation I had with Ceilidh:

Me: Okay Ceilidh, Mommy has to do some work tonight, so you better be good for Daddy.
Ceilidh: Why?
Me: Because he's in charge. Don't give him a hard time. Get in the tub for your bath, and get ready for bed.
C: But he's not very responsible, you know.
Me: Pardon?
C: Well, you know, there's four of us, and only one of him. I don't know about leaving him in charge. (very doubtful tone in her voice)
Me: When there's one of me and four of you, I get you bathed and in bed and asleep without issue.
C: Yeah, but you're Mommy. And he's a boy...
Me: Yes?
C: Remember what you said about boys? That they're dumb?
Me: I did, but you said Daddy was different. (In my defence, the boys are dumb lecture had to do with immaturity and males.)
C: Yeah, Daddy is just a big boy, and boys are well, you know...

Yes, true that.

No comments:

Post a Comment