Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Little boys and gross behaviours

Okay, at some point, I know little boys can be gross, because they are boys. I debated about sharing this story, cuz it's a bit gross/disgusting, and I don't want it to reflect on our parenting skills, or lack thereof. But this blog is about the craziness of raising a family in modern times, and that includes the good, the bad, and the what the heck?
Last night, I was running the bath, and getting little bodies rounded up, undressed and dumped into the bath. As well, I was gathering pyjamas, diapers and pull-ups, and towels, and putting away dirty socks and trying to tidy up a bit. Got baby into the tub. Got Ceilidh to pee and enter the tub. Turned around just in time to see Devlin kneeling on the bathroom counter, naked, and peeing into the sink! Ugh. Gross.
"What are you DOING?"
"Peeing," he answers as if I was a bit dumb. I mean, yes, it was obvious that's what he was doing.
"WHY are you peeing in the sink and not the TOILET????"
"Because Ceilidh already flushed the toilet."
Okay, some families may institute a rule to not flush too often to save water and money, but we don't buy into that.
"So? Why are you peeing in the sink? Okay, no, forget that. Just don't ever, ever, EVER do that again!"
"Why?" he asks in a inquisitive tone.
"Because, the sink is not a toilet. Pee and poop go into the toilet. No where else. Not the sink. Not the bathtub. And it's gross."
"Okay, I'm sorry."

Well, we'll see tonight if he "got" it. Meanwhile, I grabbed the bleach and scrubbed out the sink, while wondering if I am the only mother on earth who has had ever encountered this.

No comments:

Post a Comment