Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why we're missing Daddy

For three days this week, Daddy is away for work. The kids are missing him terribly.
Devlin woke up on Monday morning in tears. When I asked him why he was crying, Ceilidh answered "He wants his Daddy."
Ceilidh is missing her Daddy because Mommy wouldn't let her linger in the bathtub. Mommy also wouldn't cater to her desires at supper time.
"I don't want you. I want my Daddy," she announces emphatically whenever I asked her to listen.
Aisling is most likely missing her daddy because now Mommy's attention is no longer solely on her when she cries. She also grabbed the phone last night and babbled to daddy. She's also a tad confused - Daddy's car is in the driveway but no Daddy appears in the doorway.
And me? I'm missing him because he's much better at dealing with vomit than I am.
It was inevitable that Ceilidh would also get the cold that the other two have been sharing. It had manifested in a persistent cough. As all 3 kids were falling asleep last night, Ceilidh's coughing got to the point of her gagging, and just as I reached her, she up chucked on the bed and on me. As I washed her down, transferred a sleeping Devlin, stripped the beds, cleaned up myself, dealt with a cranky Aisling, I was really really missing my partner in this game of life. At least, it wasn't puke in the car seat - that I know I can't handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment