Monday, October 26, 2009

Is she trying to tell us she's ready?

Yesterday, I found Aisling in the bathroom. She was standing by the toilet, pulling down her pants. She then tried to pull off her diaper. Not sure what she was doing, I went in and peeked in her diaper. No poop. So I tried to pull up her pants. She protested a bit. I watched as she hiked up the waistband of her pants, and then reach over the toilet to flush.
Hmmm....
A few weeks ago, she brought me the container of wipes. When I looked at her, she tapped the toilet seat with her hand. I checked her diaper, or rather, I got close enough to get a whiff. Yep. Needed a bum change.
The day after that, she came running to me, and then assumed the position. You know, the one where the kids hop off the toilet, and bend over, waiting for you to come and wipe. And sure enough, there was a poop in the diaper.
Our nanny told us when she's got a poopy diaper, Aisling will hold her nose and bring over a new diaper.
She's barely 17 months, but could she be telling us she's ready to start potty training? Me thinks she's simply modelling her older siblings' behaviour, but when it's time, I hope she'll be easier to train than the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment