Monday, October 5, 2009

Naps

Speaking of naps, I am still somewhat disbelieving when our nanny reports that Devlin naps in the afternoon. I can count on one hand the number of times Devlin napped when I was off on maternity leave with Aisling. I have never experienced the "peaceful" atmosphere that my mother described my home was when all 3 kids nap.
So, I asked Devlin why he doesn't nap on the weekends.
M: Devlin, why don't you nap for Mommy and Daddy?
D: I only nap on school days, after I do my homework.
M: Well, we could do homework on weekends too.
D: No, on weekends, it's not napping time.
M: Why? (a little desperate sounding because I am craving a little nap)
D: Because, I want to spend time with you and Daddy, not sleep!

Well, how do you force a nap after that answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment