Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Feeling crummy...

It's one of those mornings when you're feeling as crummy as the grey skies outside. Why? Because I'm a mother.
Because I'm a mom to three beautiful children who were upset that Mommy had to leave for work.
Because I was ready to leave on time (for once!) and I impatiently snapped at my teary eyed 3 year old to stop whining when all she wanted was Mommy to stay home with her.
Because I had to lecture my 5 year old about his early morning temper tantrum and his poor attitude while buttoning up my coat. Because I couldn't say "screw work", take off my coat, and roll around on the couch with the kids and tickle them into smiles and giggles.
Because my hugs at the door weren't enough to fix their morning grumpies.
Because the last image I have of my children this morning is their tear-filled eyes (Ceilidh), sulky frown (Devlin) and a tiny hand waving bye-bye (Aisling).
Because I can't concentrate on my tasks here at the office when I'm imprisoned under a cloud of the "working mom guilt".

No comments:

Post a Comment