Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mommy's Chopped Liver

Daddy has to go away on a work related trip this trip. He'll be gone for 3 days and 2 nights. It'll be a LONG 3 days for Mommy, if their reaction is any indicator of their feelings.

When he told the kids about the impending trip, their response was predictably great anguish.
"No, Daddy, I don't want you to go away!"
"No Daddy, I want you to take care of us!"

Daddy promised presents upon his return. This did not distract Devlin from his grief at being parted from his adored Daddy.

Then Devlin asked, "Why can't Mommy go away for work, and you stay home with us?"

(Mommy was okay with this idea.)

Daddy explained it for his job, but Ceilidh missed that part because she then launched herself into my arms, and asked, "Mommy, can you bring me a princess toy, a snow white doll, please please please?"

Again, it had to be explained that Mommy wasn't going anywhere this time, and Daddy was going away for only 2 nights.

Eventually the promise of going to the airport to pick up Daddy calmed down the rugrats. (Meanwhile, seeing as Mommy wouldn't be missed at all, I am planning a get away for myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment