Monday, May 3, 2010

My "get out of work" call - if only...

Most mornings, I am in the shower or on my way there when Ceilidh awakens. Which means I am either delayed from getting to my shower, or I have to interrupt my shower to calm her down. Why? Because, most mornings, she wakes up wanting her daddy, who has already left for work. She will start crying for her daddy, with tears rolling down her face. Sometimes, I can distract her with a movie or a tv show. Other times, we call Daddy's office and leave a tearful message pleading for him to come home. Sometimes, I am tempted to let her cry and wail, but that means she'll wake up her still sleeping siblings, and I really need to get to my shower.
This morning, Ceilidh did not ask for her daddy. She did not ask where he was, nor did she start her usual morning routine of chanting "I want my daddy." Instead, she wandered into Uncle Billy's room and curled up next to him while I showered (in peace). When I was finished, she came into the bathroom to start her "campaign". Rather than asking for her daddy, she surprised me by asking me to stay home.
"I don't want you to go to work. I want you to stay home with me," she said.
"Will you call my boss then?" I asked.
"No, you call your boss and tell her that you have to stay home."
"It's a "him", but what should I tell him when he asks why I have to stay home? Shall I say you told me to stay home?" I queried as I brushed my hair and put in my contacts.
"Yes. Tell him you have to stay home with me and play with me and take care of me," she demanded.

If only, I could use that as my "get out of work" line and it was accepted by the boss. I'd stay home ALL the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment