Monday, May 17, 2010

Respect your elders!

Devlin has discovered he can count to 100. Last night, he decided to write out the numbers, from 1 to 100. Actually, he wanted to write out the numbers to 1000. I told him that it would take a long, long time to do that.
This is the conversation we had:

Devlin: No, 1000 comes after 110.

Me: No, sweetie, 1000 comes after 999.

Devlin: No it doesn't. I asked Habudgee (Grandpa) and he told me 1000 comes after 110.

Me: I think your grandfather didn't understand you.

Devlin: No, he's smarter than all of you, and he knows a lot. He said it came after 110.

Me: Well, he does have a Ph.D. in statistics, but I think I'm going to have correct him on this one.

Devlin: No. Don't do that. It's not nice to tell your father he's wrong. Besides, he's right. He knows lots of things!

Well...what do I do with that logic?

No comments:

Post a Comment