Thursday, May 6, 2010

Not Me

Remember the Family Circus comic strip by Bill Keane? Cute anecdotes about a family with four children, a dog, a cat and the Not Me ghost. Whenever something disastrous happened, like a broken vase, all the children would claim "Not Me" when asked who was to blame.
Well, in our household, we have the circle of blame. The other night, I spied some pencil scribbling on the wall by the stairs. I'm pretty certain that Aisling was responsible because of the nature of the "drawing" - straight lines with no discernible letters (which would be Devlin) or shapes (a la Ceilidh). But when I asked who was responsible for the mess on the wall, this is what I received in responses.
Devlin: That's not me. I think it's Ceilidh.
Ceilidh: No, not me. Maybe Aisling!
Aisling: Devlin! (And she pointed at him too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment