Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Aisling's Birthday Pics


I know, I know, her birthday was weeks ago, and I'm just getting around to posting about it now. Well, in my defence, it wasn't that I was neglecting my little angel, but because I didn't have any photos and had to wait for the pictures to be sent to me.
What? No pictures of my baby's second birthday? Yep. No, it wasn't because she's the third child, and thus fewer photos of her, compared to the others. You know, the first born always has the most pictures of babyhood and childhood, while each younger sibling has fewer and fewer photos. Although there are many, many folks out there who are not the first-born who have no baby photos of themselves, this is not the case. In fact, I think I have more photos of Aisling than of Ceilidh, although I haven't actually printed them.
No, it was a comedy of errors. The birthday celebration was held at the family beach house. I packed the camera, unaware the battery was dead, and of course, the charger was back home. Auntie Grace also left her usually ever present camera at home. Even the grandparents didn't have a camera. So, we relied on Uncle Billy's cool phone for the pictures.
It was still a celebration, despite the lack of photos. There was a cake. There was much posing in her hambok (traditional Korean costume). There was singing as Aisling grinned and took in all the attention that was focused on her. She blew out the candles with the help of her older siblings. There were presents. She tried on all of her new outfits, declaring them to be "pwetty" and hugged her new doll while lounging against a giant teddy bear. And she demonstrated her hand-eye coordination by thoroughly enjoying demolishing her piece of birthday cake. All the while, stating "Happy Burfday" before taking a bite. (Since her special day, no cake can be eaten without her saying "Happy Birthday" before each spoonful.)


No comments:

Post a Comment