Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My kids are inspired by...

For the past month at school, the kids have been learning about role models, inspiration and the like. At tonight's open house, we were able to view artwork and short compositions of what inspired the students of today. Some named prominent Canadians like Chris Hadfield, or world-class athletes like Sidney Crosby.
I was pleasantly surprised and touched when I read that Devlin inspired his class mate who wanted to become a good of hockey player as my son. Devlin, in turn, drew a picture of himself in a hockey jersey with stars around his head (still wondering about the significance of that) and declared that his parents were his inspiration "because they work hard so I work hard".
Hmmm, on another day, I will wonder if I am truly setting a good example as a working mom or if I'm feeling guilty for not spending enough time with them.
Aisling, my sweet Aisling, stated that her sister inspired her. Why? Because she can swing high, is brave and can sing really well. My heart melted when I read that sentence.
I eagerly moved onto Ceilidh's classroom. After all, she is my more mature and sensitive child. I did NOT expect that she looked up to...One Direction for inspiration. For their singing, dancing and performance skills. Since they inspired her to strive to become a better performer herself.
I guess it's better than picking Miley Cyrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment